- Luxury spacious villa in peaceful yet convenient country location.
- Magnificent views from 1st floor veranda and swimming pool terrace lounge.
- Versatile design can be used as a large 4 bed family home or two 2 bedroom luxury apartments.
- 2 Large fitted kitchens with granite work tops, double sinks, useful worktop islands, smoke extraction, electric hobs & oven.
- Upper kitchen can very easily be stripped out and a 5th bedroom implemented with an en suite and beautiful views from the Veranda.
- 2 wood burning fireplaces one in each lounge.
- 2 Large reception rooms with open plan lounge & dining areas.
- All bedrooms en suite.
- Georgian style double glazed windows with roller shutters throughout.
- 1000 litre oil storage tank for central heating boiler.
- Garage with space for 2 large cars with additional outside parking.
- Traditional Portuguese style cobbled drive with large turning bay.
- 10×5 m swimming pool set in a large sun bathing terrace recently enhanced with non-slip tiles.
- Remote-controlled entrance gates and garage doors.
- Workshop with bench and wood storage.
- Less than 7 minutes drive to the castle town of Penela with all amenities.
- Approximately 50 minutes from the beautiful beach town of Figueira da Foz.
“Pineview” is an immaculate four bedroom detached villa with an eye-catching veranda on the first floor overlooking the large swimming pool terrace lounge.
The villa is situated on a cul de sac at the edge of the small village of Besteiro near Penela, central Portugal.
The villa, which is set over two floors, has stunning views provided by the surrounded mountains and forest land in Central Portugal. It is in a quiet, rural position yet close to all amenities. It is connected to mains water and electricity and wi-fi internet is easily connectable.
There are remote controlled gates at the entrance of the property which open onto a beautifully kept cobbled drive and garden.
Villa internal Layout
The main entrance hallway has a quality wooden staircase filled with plenty natural light, this is the only passageway between ground and first floor living quarters and from here each floor has a single wooden door leading to its respective reception room with open plan lounge and dining room.
This feature provides the potential for rental income by letting one of the floors as a self contained apartment.
There are 4 double bedrooms (14 square meters each) with 2 on the ground floor and 2 on the first floor. Each bedroom has en suite comprising of WC, bidet, shower, heated towel rail and washbasin. The lower and upper floor Master bedroom en suite has a bath in addition to the shower and the lower floor master bedroom en suite has a luxury hydro massage shower cabin. All four bedrooms are equipped with 3 door fitted wardrobes and good quality wooden flooring.
The 2 bedrooms on each floor are joined via a hallway which have a 2 door fitted wardrobe suitable for additional storage. The hallway on either floor connects the respective open plan ’L’ shaped dining/lounge area (31.40 square metres) to the bedrooms. There is a double leaf Georgian style window looking towards the driveway and 2/3 glazed double patio doors leading to the pool area. A pair of non glazed double doors leads to the lower floor kitchen. A single door in the dining area leads to the bedroom hallway. There is a wood burner fireplace with a fuel efficient salamander providing comfort heating in addition to the main oil fired central heating system which heats 2 radiators in the lower lounge. The upper floor is identical in layout and features except that the double leaf window is replaced with 2/3 glazed patio doors leading to the covered part of the veranda. The second set of double doors lead to the south facing sun deck part of the veranda. Each floor has its own fitted kitchen. Both kitchens have been expertly designed to separate, food preparation and cooking which is done in one side close to the pool terrace lounge from washing/ drying done on the opposite side. Each kitchen is plumbed /wired for a microwave oven, a fridge or fridge freezer, a dishwasher, a washing machine and a dryer. In each kitchen there is a twin sink for cooking and a separate utility sink for hand washing of clothes. The lower kitchen is fitted with a gas water heater to provide instant hot water for the whole house. The heating boiler can also provide hot water, thus the hot water system is flexible depending on the time of year and the usage of the house. The gas supply for the water heater is by way of 2 large propane gas cylinders with automatic changeover. These are housed in a separate small enclosure on the far side of the garage. The lower kitchen has a rear entrance single doorway for easy access to the rear garden. The whole house is heated via an oil fired boiler housed in the garage. A 1000 litre oil storage tank is situated at the rear of the house. Each room has a radiator or radiators with the exception of the main entrance hall. Additional heating is provided in each lounge via an efficient wood burning salamander built into a Portuguese limestone fireplace/ surround.
The swimming pool terrace lounge occupies 190 square metres adjacent to the south west facing side of the house. This area is accessed by double patio doors leading from the open plan ’L’ shaped dining/lounge area, a double set of doors leading from the kitchen, a wide stairway leading from the front garden and a single open passage way connecting to the exterior path. The area is completely enclosed for privacy via 1.2 metre walls and 1 metre fencing. A permanent traditional Portuguese concrete and stone barbeque is situated near to the kitchen doors. The patio area can be shaded via large retractable awnings. A small pump room for the pool filtration is integrated into the area below the pool and patio. The entire patio floor area is tiled for ease of maintenance.The garage workshop has a dedicated corner for wood storage and can hold approx. 3 cubic metres of logs. The double garage is equipped with 2 independent electric, remote controlled up and over doors. The doors have safe operation with automatic retraction. They can be manually operated in the event of a power failure. The garage is big enough to house 2 large estate or saloon cars with each doorway providing a 3 metre opening with a garage depth of 5.60 metres. The doors clearance height is 2.3 metres. To the house side of the garage there is a toilet with washbasin. A single side pedestrian door opens into the workshop and boiler area with a door-less opening leading from the workshop into the parking area. In the garden to the rear of the garage there is a dedicated paved area fitted with clothes washing lines and the 1000 litre oil storage tank which can be refilled via the workshop entrance. This rear garden area benefits from natural shade and cool breezes making it very useful during the summer, the ground requires low maintenance due to being laid with block paving and gravel. A large water storage tank is situated at the end of the rear garden for storage of disused pool water or rainfall to be used to irrigate the garden. The south-east side facing section of the rear garden is also laid to block pavers and has low maintenance. The driveway entrance is 3 metres wide and has 2 electrically operated gates with vehicle remote controls and a push button in the house. The driveway is 3 metres wide at its narrowest and widens as it nears the house. The drive has a large turning bay and is constructed using the traditional Portuguese style cobble. Except for the front patio the same construction is used to provide a 1 metre wide walkway around the house. The front garden is designed for minimum maintenance with most of the ground area covered with a plastic membrane with bark laid on top. Various flowing shrubs and trees are now well established.
- The Villa is situated at approximately 7 minutes driving time from the castle town of Penela, town that got its first charter granted by D. Afonso Henrique’s (1st King of Portugal) in July of 1137, making it one of the oldest municipalities in Portugal.
- Penela has all the amenities from a modern European town, http://www.cm-penela.pt/tourism/roteiro.html is not a big town but it has many amenities, including a range of shops, a weekly market, banks, post office, café-bars, restaurants, a cinema, internet café, schools (nursery, primary & secondary), doctors, dentists, library, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, sports centre, football ground, karate & kendo clubs, motocross & 4×4 clubs, parasailing, gym, massage & beauty spa, horse riding, and river beaches for swimming and fishing.
- The property has excellent motorway links via the A13 motorway, just 10 to 12 minutes away.
- Around this area there are typical villages, mills, panoramic views, roman ruins, monuments, etc.
- The historic town of Tomar, which is home to the UNESCO listed Convento do Cristo, founded by the Templars is only 35 to 40 minutes drive from the property.
- Figueira da Foz the beautiful coastal beach is easily accessed in approximately 45 to 50 minutes by car via the IC8.
- All major European high street shopping is available in city of Coimbra the 3rd biggest city in Portugal which is only 25 to 30 minutes drive on the A13 motorway.
- Porto and Lisbon airports are at similar distance from the property, Porto is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes drive and Lisbon approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes by car.
- Price: €255,000
- Price reduced: 10,000
- Ref. no.: 578/15
- Location: Penela, Coimbra
- Detail: Villa
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
- Construction area: 247
- Plot area: 1250
- Status: For sale