The house is set over two floors and has attic space with standing height. The property is walled and there is a pedestal and a vehicle entrance gate.
The house has a footprint of 131 square meters and a plot measuring 500 square meters. The house is in structurally perfect state of repair but would benefit from modernization works.
The main entrance to the house is up an exterior stone staircase and onto a veranda, which has a door to a den, from which there three doors:
- The first leads into a family bathroom, the left onto a corridor to the living room and bedrooms and the one up front leads into a rustic kitchen which has an open chimney in the far corner.
- The corridor and the adjoining rooms have parquet floor, which is in very good state of maintenance. The remaining rooms have traditional hydraulic tiles in good state in repair.
The windows and doors of the house are single glazed with wood frames and metal rolling shutters.
- The large kitchen has a pantry and a chimney.
- From this kitchen there is a door to the large dining / living room with large windows with views into the garden. There is also a log burner in this room and a table to seat numerous people. There is another smaller rustic kitchen with an open fireplace off this room. The large room has a door to the rear of the property.
- Due to the topography of the plot this is on the ground floor.
- There is an enormous sweet chestnut tree in the back garden, as well as a rustic seating area and a large building with several animal pens at the back.
Next to the house there is a building with a bread or pizza oven and a simple bathroom with a shower, a pedestal sink and a toilet. There is also a separate pedestal sink next to the house.
To the side of the house there is an open storage shelter for fire wood.
The bottom level of the house, which, when viewed from the street, is on ground level, has three large rooms, one of which functioned as a wine cellar, one as a storage room and the third as a garage and also during many years as a blacksmith workshop. The ground floor rooms have an untypically high ceiling.
The house is located at a central position in the town of Cernache do Bonjardim and has all amenities within walking distance. It would make a lovely family home or a nice bed and breakfast.
Cernache do Bonjardim.has cafés, restaurants, three banks and three service stations, bars, shops, mini-market, pharmacy and schools.
The property is 10 km from the center of the town of Sertã. Sertã is an attractive historic town built on either side of a stunning river setting. It has many restaurants and bars as well as 3 major supermarkets, banks, schools, library, theater, cultural center, municipal swimming pool and river beach. There are also 2 weekly markets, held every Friday, one selling fruit, vegetables and livestock and the other selling clothes, tools, plants, shoes etc.
Central Portugal is famous for its beautiful river beaches of which there are a dozen located within 30 minutes’ drive from this property, including the renowned water sports center at Trízio, where the European wake board championship is held.
The airport at Lisbon is a two and a half hours drive away, as is the airport at Porto.
- Price: €125,000
- Ref. no.: 585/16
- Location: Cernache do Bomjardim
- Detail: Detached
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 2
- Construction area: 131
- Plot area: 500
- Status: For sale